Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why am I not surprised?

I just read that many of Facebook’s popular apps, like Zynga’s Farmville, are gathering and sharing personal information about their users with other companies. According to Facebook’s rules this is forbidden, but it seems that Facebook, haven’t checked whether or not their rules are being broken. 

Many people seems to be surprised that the apps, the users themselves have allowed access to their profile (which contains all their personal information), are gathering their information. If people don’t want their personal information to be used by third parties, then stop allowing random apps to access their information! 

Furthermore, it shouldn’t be a problem for Facebook to stop this. If Facebook block all Zynga’s apps on Facebook, until their start to follow the rules, then it should be done in no time. Why in no time you ask? Because all of, or at least a lot of, Zynga’s income, comes from Facebook users and they would probably not like to lose this income all of a sudden. 
 
-        Voacaroo over and out.

10 comments:

Zalecodone said...

I used to play some of the games on Facebook, but I got bored of it eventually. Nowadays I never click on those that say they need my personal information and want me to allow them to post messages on my wall... But of course it's a serious issue; I know many who use these applications and I doubt they realize what's actually going on.

mirk said...

I left facebook entirely. I don't regret it.

Whatisthis said...

What do you think that information can be used for bye those collecting em? I don't use facebook apps xD Becouse i read something about this when i first started using facebook :)

Donkote said...

haha i heard about this too. I deactivated mine awhile ago though so hopefully nothing of mine got out. i also didn't play those games

Mr. McKraken said...

Facebook has had a lot of issues about protecting their users info. That's why I made mine with completely fake information.

Mr. Moment said...

I have been following this myself, facebook has a long trackrecord of wanting to profit off of "perceived" levels of privacy

KillerKun said...

people are dumb enough to allow that

Pewpew said...

I hate Farmville ;_;
And people who are obsessed with it? Sad.

Chris said...

I am pleased to not be on facebook anymore. It seems crazy to me how much personal data people leave unprotected.

bingbloggt.de said...

i never got rly into facebook. :o

Post a Comment