Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

LimeWire is gone


Sorry for the late post, but I have been at work all day. Of course none of you guys ever would download a song or a movie without paying for it…. So this post is actually kind of irrelevant. I thought I would share it anyways though. 

Even though you don’t download illegal songs from the internet, some of you guys might have heard of LimeWire. Some of you might even have used LimeWire to share legal files?  To those of you who don’t know, LimeWire is a program which allows it’s users to share files over the internet. 

Many people used LimeWire to share illegal music, which caused RIAA to sue LimeWire. A federal court in New York, have now ordered LimeWire to “use all reasonable technological means to immediately cease and desist”. In short, LimeWire is gone.

I think it is a bit wrong that LimeWire is shut down. I know it has been used to share millions of illegal songs, but LimeWire is only a tool people use to share illegal songs. Is it LimeWire’s fault that people use their program to do something illegal? 

-        Voacaroo

Remember to feed the fish.

14 comments:

Donkote said...

sucks that they were shut down...i really don't think its limewire's fault for their users doing illegal things

PlanetBen said...

Im not upset about this at all, I get so tired of friends getting a virus and me having to clean up the mess because of this software.

JRam said...

Watch out for the power hungry music industry.

frankie, my cat. said...

I have never used limewire. Most of the music I listen to I'll find on spotify.

Life Hacker said...

I use to use Limewire, then I realized how shitty it really is, now im on to bigger and better things.

Nostalgist said...

i've seen so many of them come and go..it's kinda sad but no matter what the scene has always been moving on

Han said...

My girlfriend used Limewire. I'm glad it's gone, now I just have to convince her that FF is better than IE, and maybe her computer will stop being full of shit.

Swift Love said...

Limewire sucked anyway

MacPCharmony said...

I hated Limewire... brb, using Morpheus

Dan said...

I would only ever download a book I already own in paper format. Thats not illegal, right?

Zalecodone said...

I don't use LimeWire at all but it's still bad they got shut down. Keep it up and we will see a lot more being shut down around us :/

rembrandtx said...

I stopped using P2P back in the days of BearShare. It's torrents now.

NePsuj said...

never used lw ^^

Campino said...

its a ahame that its gone now

Post a Comment