Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I’m the best, cuz you suck!

As some of you might now, Steve Jobs said a couple of days ago that it was easier to develop apps for the Iphone, than to Android phones. The reason to this should be that the developers are forced to contend with a lot of different versions of Android software and phones. 

Steve Jobs used TweetDeck as an example where the developers, according to Steve, had a lot of problems developing the app. 

The funny thing is that according to TweetDeck’s CEO, this is not true. They didn’t have problems developing the app and they only have 2 people working with the app. Where am I getting at you ask? Well, this indicates that Steve Jobs lied to sell his product. I know that almost all companies lie about their products sometimes, but why can’t they just lie about their own products? Why do companies always have to demean other companies’ products? I don’t know.. I’m just getting tired of all this “My product is better than their product, because their product sucks!!!” marketing. Do you guys agree or have I just missed the point somewhere? 

Bonus info: The amount of downloaded TweetDeck apps have grown explosively since Steve mentioned it. 
So I guess it was a good thing he mentioned it or? ;)

 - Voacaroo

6 comments:

Archi said...

Well as for me goes, i kinda don't listen to such thing, i kinda hate most commercials, and such, so I'm not really sick of it, but yeah, they can be irritating, that's might why i quit watching TV commercials.

Unlogic said...

Android apps are one of the easiest apps to program !

bingbloggt.de said...

steve jobs....i dont need anything to say, do I?

Ken said...

lol

holy. said...

lol too funny :)

Randall. said...

"I'm the best, cause you suck" has been a pretty standard marketing method for some time now. I wonder when developers will actually start talking about their products again...

Post a Comment