Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The biggest spambot in the world.. Facebook!

I know I recently made a post about Facebook and their apps. But I think I will share this anyways.

Every day I receive a lot of mails, a lot of it is spam, some of it are important and the rest is random newsletters I have signed up for. Every day I spend time sorting the spam from the rest, and the rest from the spam in the spam folder. So I am really getting tired of annoying mails, that I don’t have any use for. 

Back in the days when I made myself a Facebook account (yes, I have an account), I made sure NOT to receive all the mails Facebook happily send to its users. By doing this I thought I never would receive unimportant mails from Facebook. I was wrong. 

When I checked my email earlier, surprisingly I had received 2 emails from Facebook. Apparently Facebook have made something with groups, and a friend of mine had added me to such a group. So Facebook would of course notify me about this by sending me an email. 

Apparently Facebook thinks that their users want all these mails. So when Facebook make something new all users automatically receive emails when they are involved in something. 

Facebook.. I DON’T WANT YOUR EMAILS!

If anyone knows if there is a way to disable these emails permanently. Please tell me in the comments. 

-        Voacaroo

28 comments:

Duelist said...

Facebook emails are the bane of all

Savage Nugget said...

lol i have a special email just for facebook and it's spam, i never open this account. :D

rembrandtx said...

What you should really be saying is that you do not want facebook!!! :D

DavidMade said...

Myspace has gone down the drain and Facebook is the new hip thing. I say screw both, TWITTER ALL THE WAY!

RatsRunThisTown said...

Hey man I filtered ALL my emails containing the word Facebook into one folder. I don't remember how I did it. But if you go to Facebook settings and notifications, you can choose to NOT send you emails

Lepoidim said...

Yeah you can turn that shit off in the settings!

CharlesEufarley said...

Yeah, you can turn it off, but it sucks that it's on by default. I feel your pain.

Hiphop Rising said...

im pretty sure you can do it in your account settings, but yea i turned off all the emails it send haha its not like im not gonna go to facebook

Crammarc said...

just change the adress all the junk emails are sent to

phoneknowledge said...

That farmville bs on facebook is annoying to..

Swift Love said...

this is true... I get a lot of FB spam

PlanetBen said...

I dont really get spam from facebook, guess I am lucky?

ProBlogger said...

I'm much more upset by the fact that people can add me to groups than that I get extra mail. If I want to be in a group I'll join it myself.

Insurance Maestro said...

Seriously, FM is the source of most spam.

Insurance Maestro said...

errr FB i mean.

MTL beer said...

So true.

Crammarc said...

which is worse FB or google?

hippilazma said...

yeah you are absolutely right
@crammarc google facebook will own the world

KillerKun said...

i made a rule to automatically delete all FaceBook related mails on my mail account

Unlogic said...

I would get rid of facebook if I didn't have to use it for college contacts >.<

razortek said...

fullowin 'n' suppin :)

wtfiniggagun

textileengineer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
textileengineer said...

i totally support you bro!

Kikimora said...

Support!
And yes, facebook is a big spam s*it!

Nostalgist said...

this is sooo true.. all the farmville and personal status crap drives me crazy..daaamn^^

Abe said...

So true!

Matte said...

Indeed! ppl pass like all day on fb :(

Astra said...

facebook is a spam machine. :( so true

Post a Comment